What you’ll hear about in this episode:
- Who Ocean Infinity are and what they do
- The ESG targets they have set themselves on decarbonisation
- The projects they have been involved in since pioneering the use of autonomous underwater vehicles
- The fleet of unmanned surface vessels they are currently building and what this means for the future of remote survey operations
- The driver behind reducing the number of people needed to work offshore
- How they are working to make offshore activities greener and safer
- The work they are doing to close the gender gap and bring more inclusivity to the maritime industry
- How the technology they are developing has to be able to deliver the services the client wants in order to be sustainable
- How they are building a ship for a clean fuel system that does not yet exist
- Why Ocean Infinity decided to base themselves in Southampton
- The internship program the company operates
- The work they have to do to prove the technologies before they can be regulated
Key Insights From This Episode:
- We specialise in the development and deployment of innovative tech. And ultimately what we’re looking to do is to transform the maritime industry to enable the people and planet to thrive. – Andy
- We have signed the climate pledge, to be net zero by 2040, 10 years ahead of the general target of 2050. – Andy
- We are currently building the world’s largest fleet of unmanned surface vessels, and that’s the largest fleet in terms of size of the vessel and in the number of vessels. – Andy
- We’ve committed to remote survey operations from day one, the technology exists to go totally unmanned. But what we need to do, and what we are doing is working very closely with regulators to work towards that transition to complete unmanned operations for that size of vessel. – Andy
- We think that most, if not all activities offshore can be made cleaner, more efficient and/or safer through the deployment of robotics. – Andy
- We’ve got the world’s largest fleet of them. They can go down to 6,000 metres to map the seabed and you can run them all in parallel. So we’re able to map it and it was around 1800 square kilometres in less than 72 hours.
About Our Guest:
Andy is Head of Sustainable Logistics at Ocean Infinity, he is also Sustainability Commission Member at the British Triathlon Federation.
- Shackleton’s Endurance
- Seabed 2030
- Future of Work Summit
- National Oceanographic Centre
- Sky Band Rescuer
- Department of Transport, Innovate UK Project
- Code 9 Security
About Our Host:
I left the corporate world in 2020 and launched Omega RE a commercial advisory firm in a pandemic, whilst on maternity. Brave some people would say. 🚀
The pandemic has taught many of us a thing or two, particularly on how we can do business. I support businesses to navigate the complexities of Commercial Real Estate, so they can achieve their business objectives through their Real Estate decisions.
Lease negotiations can be a minefield. Even small mistakes can drive up costs. That’s why I will represent your interests every step of the way, ensuring you receive the full value of our experience and market knowledge.
With over 18 years’ experience in the Commercial Property Market having worked for the big corporates Jones Lang LaSalle Limited, BNP Paribas Real Estate and Vail Williams.
I want to be able to share my corporate knowledge with my clients, whilst offering a more personal dedicated commercial advisory service.
Having acted for a wide range of clients from major pension funds to private investors, small businesses and individuals. I love meeting people and I am passionate about adding value to my clients business and watching their business thrive.
About Omega RE
Omega RE is a commercial property advisory firm based on the South Coast. Providing expert advice to Landlords, Occupiers in the industrial, office and retail markets.
Omega RE is always thinking ‘Outside the Box’ in our advice to clients and the way we do business. We don’t settle for mediocre, we challenge the norm and are dedicated to finding solutions that is best for our clients.
We are a people business, based on strong relationships and partnerships, and we offer a personal level of service.
As the market evolves, we will too adapt to be successful and want the same for our clients. We are committed to finding innovative ways of marketing and how to do things more efficiently.
We will never stagnate.
We are disciplined in everything we do, we take time to understand the situation and set a bespoke strategy for each client. Not one size fits all. We do not cut corners or take shortcuts and our integrity is undisputed.
Providing clients’ a hands-on approach to finding the perfect property; office, industrial, warehouse or retail space to meet business needs and negotiating the best commercial lease terms, is what we do best.
We come to work because we’re passionate about providing expert, innovative, independent advice to clients. We want to help businesses navigate the complexities of Commercial Real Estate.
Follow us on
Launch Your Own Podcast
A Podcast Company is the leading podcast production and strategic content company for brands, organisations, institutions, individuals, and entrepreneurs. Our team sets you up with the right strategy, equipment, training, and guidance and content to ensure you sound amazing while speaking to your niche audience and networking with your perfect clients. Get in touch email@example.com