Managing a Relocation
- Is your business expanding or contracting?
- Do you need to increase productivity or efficiency?
- Do you want to increase your corporate image?
- Do you have an imminent lease break or expiry?
- Are you struggling to retain or attract staff?
- Do you want to improve your bottom-line profits?
About 12 months before you’re planning to move, you should decide who’s going to be involved, and start to outline your key requirements. Select a team and assign clear roles and responsibilities.
- Prepare business forecast
- Undertake a workplace audit
- Agree a brief with relevant stakeholders
- Choose your in-house team
- Select a commercial advisor to act on your behalf
- Select a design and build specialist
- Discuss requirements with an IT specialist to evaluate current cabling and industry best practice
- Create a move budget
- Shortlist office locations with your commercial advisor
- Work with a D&B specialist to create office test fits, to include workstation, break out areas, kitchen, print areas, specialist areas.
- Develop furniture selection and criteria. Consider reusing, repurposing or purchasing new or refurbished furniture.
- Assess whether to order new telephone system or relocate existing.
- Determine security requirements, employee access, IT security, monitoring service and any specialist areas that require additional security.
- Select a commercial solicitor.
- Secure relevant insurances.
- Obtain moving quotes.
- Determine who is your moving team.
Let Omega RE guide you through the relocation process; from the first stages of the project to the day of the move.
Omega RE can help ensure a smooth transition, with limited disruptions to your business.
Let Omega RE guide your through the acquisition process.