This document describes how and why we collect, store, protect, use and share the data we process.
Omega RE is the Data Controller. This means we are ultimately responsible for the personal data we handle.
Our contact address is:
2 Grosvenor Square
Tel: 07738 625431
The personal data we process
We collect and process:
- Our clients’ names, addresses and contact details, including email addresses, telephone numbers and their communication preferences
- Records of any services we provide to our clients, including details of financial transactions
- The names, addresses and contact details of individuals owning or managing commercial properties
Clients’ personal data will be collected directly from them.
The personal data of individuals owning or managing commercial properties will be obtained from companies providing commercial property information, analytics and marketing services.
The reason we will process personal data
We process personal data of our clients for the purpose of providing services to them.
We process the personal data of individuals owning or managing commercial properties for the purpose of establishing a business relationship between them and our clients.
Our legal basis for processing personal data
The processing of our clients’ personal data is carried out because we have a contractual obligation (Article 6(1)(b) of the General Data Protection Regulation).
The processing of the personal data of individuals owning or managing commercial properties is being carried in our legitimate interests (Article 6(1)(f) of the General Data Protection Regulation).
Who we will share personal data with
Personal data will not be shared with anyone unless we are statutorily required to do so.
The people whose personal data we are processing, have the following rights:
- Access – they have a right to confirmation that we are processing their data, a copy of their personal data and other supplementary information
- Rectification – they have a right to have inaccurate personal data corrected
- Erasure – they have a right to have their personal data erased, providing there are no reasons for this right not to apply (eg for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims)
- Portability – they have a right to obtain and reuse their personal data for their own purposes across different services
- To object – they have the right to object to the processing of their personal data in certain circumstances
People wishing to exercise any of their rights should contact us at email@example.com
How we will store personal data
Our clients’ data will be stored securely on our IT systems. Some paper records may from time to time also be used. Records will be destroyed 4 years after our last transaction with them.
The personal data of individuals owning or managing commercial properties will be held on our IT systems and destroyed 1 month after its use.
All data are securely destroyed.
If you’ve already told us we need to do something, but we haven’t responded in a way that you’re satisfied with, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (the ICO).
It’s easiest to do this online via the ICO website but you can also do so in writing to:
The Information Commissioner’s Office