What is it about the South Coast that makes it the best place to live in the UK?
In episode two of our second series of Let’s Talk South Coast, our host Nella Pang is joined by George Long, Managing Director of the Land & New Homes of Charters Estate Agents to talk about the impact the current economic climate having on buyers’ and investors’ confidence in the housing market.
What you’ll hear about in this episode:
- How the current economic situation is impacting the housing market and the way people buy properties
- Public attitude and appetite for new housing developments and regeneration projects
- Where George sees the future of investment in the South Coast going and why
- What the rental market is currently doing
- Repositioning of towns and cities with the evolution of the office following the impact Covid, and the effect that working from home has had on the office rental market.
Key Insights From This Episode:
- We have witnessed commercial investment ease in recent weeks. Given the political turmoil of 2022, we hope CAC stays in place, but it’s obviously causing a nightmare for investors’ confidence. – George
- Uncertainty stops people from making decisions, and it’s not just stopping people from buying houses. It’s stopping people from buying televisions and cars, people are genuinely worried. But, the key thing is that we haven’t seen a wholesale reduction in prices yet. People are still moving and I’ve never known a property market where people don’t move. But we’re going to shift into a different type of property market. – George
- If you look back historically over house price data, in Southampton over 10 years, house prices have gone up circa 40-42%. But, if you look at somewhere like Winchester, the city centre for the same period, prices have gone up 60% – George
- I don’t think there are wrong areas to build new build properties. It’s always been about numbers. As long as the numbers stack up on an appraisal, it’s a good development to go and see. – George
- Southampton in its own right is a fantastic area to develop in because you’ve got low
unemployment and you’ve got fantastic facilities all around the city. – George
About Our Guests:
George Long works as Managing Director at Charters Estate Agents where he uses his expert knowledge in all aspects of new home sales and marketing to sell new homes quickly and efficiently.
About Our Host:
I left the corporate world in 2020 and launched Omega RE a commercial advisory firm in a pandemic, whilst on maternity. Brave some people would say. 🚀
The pandemic has taught many of us a thing or two, particularly on how we can do business. I support businesses to navigate the complexities of Commercial Real Estate, so they can achieve their business objectives through their Real Estate decisions.
Lease negotiations can be a minefield. Even small mistakes can drive up costs. That’s why I will represent your interests every step of the way, ensuring you receive full value of our experience and market knowledge.
With over 18 years’ experience in the Commercial Property Market having worked for the big corporates Jones Lang LaSalle Limited, BNP Paribas Real Estate and Vail Williams.
I want to be able to share my corporate knowledge with my clients, whilst offering a more personal dedicated commercial advisory service.
Having acted for a wide range of clients from major pension funds to private investors, small businesses and individuals. I love meeting people and I am passionate about adding value to my clients business and watching their business thrive.
About Omega RE
Omega RE is a commercial property advisory firm based on the South Coast. Providing expert advice to Landlords, Occupiers in the industrial, office and retail markets.
Omega RE is always thinking ‘Outside the Box’ in our advice to clients and the way we do business. We don’t settle for mediocre, we challenge the norm and are dedicated to finding solutions that is best for our clients.
We are a people business, based on strong relationships and partnerships, and we offer a personal level of service.
As the market evolves, we will too adapt to be successful and want the same for our clients. We are committed to finding innovative ways of marketing and how to do things more efficiently.
We will never stagnate.
We are disciplined in everything we do, we take time to understand the situation and set a bespoke strategy for each client. Not one size fits all. We do not cut corners or take shortcuts and our integrity is undisputed.
Providing clients’ a hands-on approach to finding the perfect property; office, industrial, warehouse or retail space to meet business needs and negotiating the best commercial lease terms, is what we do best.
We come to work because we’re passionate about providing expert, innovative, independent advice to clients. We want to help businesses navigate the complexities of Commercial Real Estate.
Follow us on
Launch Your Own Podcast
A Podcast Company is the leading podcast production and strategic content company for brands, organisations, institutions, individuals, and entrepreneurs. Our team sets you up with the right strategy, equipment, training, and guidance and content to ensure you sound amazing while speaking to your niche audience and networking with your perfect clients. Get in touch email@example.com