Is It Financially Viable To Invest On The South Coast? With Ed Ellerington and Patrick Freestone
In the first episode of our second series of Let’s Talk South Coast, our host Nella Pang is joined by Patrick Freestone, Fund Manager at Fiera Real Estate and Ed Ellerington, Founder of Packaged Living to talk about transformational projects taking place in Southampton.
What you’ll hear about in this episode:
- ESG initiatives and schemes
- Why Ed and Patrick believe there is such a push towards the South Coast at the moment
- How Fiera Estate manage their low carbon construction while still achieving BRS excellence status
- Social connections and housing
- How are the companies dealing with construction cost increases and pressures to be greener?
Key Insights From This Episode:
- In Southampton, we’re bringing together a much wider regeneration community, which has an office element, a residential element, and ideally a co-living element as well in the future. – Ed
- We take sustainability and the longevity of our developments incredibly seriously. We act in a really responsible way, but with a focus on resilience, long-term resilience of our developments, and also engaging in local communities and stakeholders’ work, before we deliver our projects in terms. – Patrick
- We’ve seen the rental market in Southampton grow around 30% over the last decade, which is around 7,000 households in 10 years. Which is huge. That’s far bigger than the southeast generally. But what we also see is that there’s a significant lack of good quality rental stock in the city. – Ed
- At the moment, we are still building, we’re delivering schemes across the country. It certainly got a bit trickier because of where we sit with cost creation at the moment. But it’s still viable and will continue to develop in the long term. – Patrick
About Our Guests:
Patrick Freestone works as the Deputy Fund Manager for two UK-focused Opportunity Funds, where he focuses on Fund Management, Investment transactions, JVs, Development & Asset Management across Industrial, Office and Residential sectors. He is also a member of the UK ESG Committee.
Ed Ellerington and Fiera Real Estate founded Packaged Living in 2018, a bespoke Build to Rent developer and operator that works across the residential property lifecycle. He started his career at the Bank of Scotland in the corporate origination team, focusing on real estate transactions.
About Our Host:
I left the corporate world in 2020 and launched Omega RE a commercial advisory firm in a pandemic, whilst on maternity. Brave some people would say. 🚀
The pandemic has taught many of us a thing or two, particularly on how we can do business. I support businesses to navigate the complexities of Commercial Real Estate, so they can achieve their business objectives through their Real Estate decisions.
Lease negotiations can be a minefield. Even small mistakes can drive up costs. That’s why I will represent your interests every step of the way, ensuring you receive full value of our experience and market knowledge.
With over 18 years’ experience in the Commercial Property Market having worked for the big corporates Jones Lang LaSalle Limited, BNP Paribas Real Estate and Vail Williams.
I want to be able to share my corporate knowledge with my clients, whilst offering a more personal dedicated commercial advisory service.
Having acted for a wide range of clients from major pension funds to private investors, small businesses and individuals. I love meeting people and I am passionate about adding value to my clients business and watching their business thrive.
About Omega RE
Omega RE is a commercial property advisory firm based on the South Coast. Providing expert advice to Landlords, Occupiers in the industrial, office and retail markets.
Omega RE is always thinking ‘Outside the Box’ in our advice to clients and the way we do business. We don’t settle for mediocre, we challenge the norm and are dedicated to finding solutions that is best for our clients.
We are a people business, based on strong relationships and partnerships, and we offer a personal level of service.
As the market evolves, we will too adapt to be successful and want the same for our clients. We are committed to finding innovative ways of marketing and how to do things more efficiently.
We will never stagnate.
We are disciplined in everything we do, we take time to understand the situation and set a bespoke strategy for each client. Not one size fits all. We do not cut corners or take shortcuts and our integrity is undisputed.
Providing clients’ a hands-on approach to finding the perfect property; office, industrial, warehouse or retail space to meet business needs and negotiating the best commercial lease terms, is what we do best.
We come to work because we’re passionate about providing expert, innovative, independent advice to clients. We want to help businesses navigate the complexities of Commercial Real Estate.
Follow us on
Launch Your Own Podcast
A Podcast Company is the leading podcast production and strategic content company for brands, organisations, institutions, individuals, and entrepreneurs. Our team sets you up with the right strategy, equipment, training, and guidance and content to ensure you sound amazing while speaking to your niche audience and networking with your perfect clients. Get in touch email@example.com