We’ve done it! We have reached our first milestone.
Omega RE celebrates its 1st Birthday.
Given that c.700,000 start-up businesses are set up each year in the UK, 20% fail. So I am over the moon of what we have been able to achieve in a short amount of time.
We were officially incorporated on 28th October and we launched on 1st December 2020, turned around a website, sorted out compliance, became regulated, listed our first client, all within 4 weeks.
When I have a goal, I am determined to give it my all.
I can not thank my support network enough for helping me grow as a person and to develop Omega RE; Special thanks to my clients that followed me, the support from my network, LinkedIn for providing me the platform, my colleagues at Headspace and Old Bond Store for the unconditional love and support to me and my business, my husband for encouraging me to take the risk, my parents for childcare so I can balance it all, and my friends for advice and referrals.
My goal and vision was to deviate from the norm, and offer our clients the corporate knowledge with the energy to push the boundaries and provide that personal touch. Not only are our clients the centre of everything we do, we have strong beliefs fo make a difference to the industry and to leave a positive legacy.
Our actions speak louder than words. We are advocates to supporting diversity and inclusiveness. Not to tick boxes, but because I’ve personally experienced the discrimination, the racism, the sexism and I believe I have a responsibility to support those from all backgrounds to encourage them into the property industry.
- We have partnered with UCEM and become a role model.
- We have supported RICS on a future guidance paper.
- We have partnered with City College of Southampton to provide work experience and give them an insight into property.
- We created the initiative Strong Female Lead to support women in property.
- We hosted a number of talks to empower others to share their story.
- We followed through and took our first Kickstarter.
I had some clients question our strategy; which made me question our path. But I thought “No”, this is what it looks like when you deviate from the norm. We provoke questions. We push clients to understand the changes in the industry and not to get complacent.
We are ahead of our 3 year projection; in terms of pipeline and personnel. I am excited for Jonathan Trice, also ex JLL, who will join as a Director in January to help support the growth of our business. Pavlina has been integral to our business and works behind the scenes, responsible for compliance and pushing our brand. Lucy has been undertaking numerous Matterport 3D Tours to offer our clients an edge over traditional marketing, and Kamran our newest Kickstarter has joined as a research analyst.
- 70% of our business is representing tenants like Halo ARC, Zurich Insurance, Wooferoos, HJS Technology with their acquisition, portfolio optimisation and lease negotiations.
- 30% is representing landlords with vacant properties – determining a strategy to best optimise their portfolio and how to add value with a market strategy to disposal of their assets.
We are enjoying working with clients and supporting them in their commercial real estate needs, cover industrial, office, retail and development. With Jonathan joining, this will enhance our capital markets and asset management experience.
Instead of throwing a glitz celebratory party; I’ve decided to donated to the Refugee Action. Why? Because everyone deserves a little bit of hope.
Creating Omega RE and a brand that I believe in, has made me fall in love with surveying again and I thank you for your continued support.